BEST PAPER AWARD (1000 euros) thanks to:
The appropriateness of the workshop in the program is to bring the best researchers in multimedia closer to one of the most important applications of their expertise: learning. At the same time, we expect that learning professionals come to see how multimedia can improve their learning methodologies.
Multimedia Productions in general and Games in particular, can be considered as interactive experiences that feature structured and complex activities. These can be used for solving problems and therefore for helping within the learning process. “Edutainment” is a transversal and strategic field that can be applied to different sectors and disciplines, providing with novel and innovative solutions.
The main aim of this workshop is to collect and disseminate the latest innovations in the field of applying multimedia technologies for learning and to create the synergies between the specialist in Multimedia and the specialist in Education to work together in this challenging field.
Authors are invited to submit a full paper (two-column format, 6 pages) according to the guidelines available on the conference website at http://www.icme2011.org. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Practical cases regarding the application of Multimedia in Education.
- Author tools and Multimedia contents.
- Impact and Success Stories. Effectiveness of learning. Failures and what we can learn from them.
- Integration of Multimedia contents within learning management systems.
- Assessment in Multimedia tools.
- Edutainment in particular. Serious Games in general.
- Affective computing.
- Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Realities in Education.
- Interactive Arts in Education.
- Audio and Video in Learning. Arts in Education.
- Haptics based learning and training.
- Machine learning in games and educational measurement.
- Active Interaction in Games.
- Animation Techniques.
- Collaboration, competition and community Collaborative Environments and Learning.
- Digital Museum and Digital Heritage Education and Remote Classrooms.
- Educational Robots and Toys.
- Game-based Learning.
- Training Interactions in Games.
- Location-based games and ubiquitous technology.
- Non-Visual Senses (smelling, touching, hearing) Simulation and animation.
- Synergies between Digital TV and Edutainment.
- Applications: Online browsing for heritage, tourism and e-commerce, autonomous navigation, security and surveillance, mobile navigation, and others.
This workshop will take place in conjunction with:
IEEE International Conference in Multimedia and Expo (ICME2011)
La Salle-URL University, Barcelona, Spain, 11-15 July, 2011.